Wednesday, July 4, 2012

5 MANLY Summer Cocktails

Okay. I'll admit it. I sometimes wish I could order one of those huge cocktails with little pieces of fruit in it.. But I don't. Whether it is because I'm scared what the bartender will think of me or whether I'm more scared of my dates opinion, I'm not sure. I'm sure I'm not the only one who has ever run into this dilemma so I put together a list of 5 manly cocktails you don't have to hang your head in shame over. 



1. Gin and Juice




Why is it manly?: Snoop Dogg likes to drink this when there are bitches in his living room gettin’ it on until six o’clock in the morning, so that has to be worth something. Gin and juice was also the morning cocktail of soldiers and officers in WWII. That’s right, this is what you drank right before you killed a bunch of Nazis. You can’t say that about Malibu and pineapple.
Recipe: 2 1/2 ounces Gin.
1 oz. orange juice.
Equal parts mind on your money and money on your mind




2. Manhattan:



Why is it manly: For starters it has man in the title. Though you may say "it’s got a cherry, nothing with a cherry is manly." Well, nibble on this: It’s notorious for being the favorite drink of the Italian Mafia, who are notorious for killing people. I’m not saying killing somebody makes you a man, but it’s probably not the best idea to call someone who just threw someone off a bridge a "cherry drinking pansy."Recipe:*3/4 oz Sweet Vermouth
2 1/2 oz Rye whiskey dash Angostura bitters
1 Maraschino cherry


3. Tequila Sunrise



Why is it manly?:First off, it’s a breakfast cocktail. And secondly, "2 measures tequila" is short for, "as much tequila as your glass will hold." It may look a little fruity but it’s about as tropical as a back alley in Tijuana.
Recipe:
2 measures Tequila Orange juice
2 dashes Grenadine


















4. Rusty Nail



Why is it manly?: I can’t put my finger on exactly why, but there’s something oddly macho about asking your girlfriend if she would like to sip on your Rusty Nail.
¾ oz. scotch
¼ oz. Drambuie
1 ounce Campari
Slice of orange














5. Negroni




Why is it manly?: A pink drink? Didn’t see that one coming, did you? The Negroni is one of the simplest, most classically straight-up cocktails around. Plus it’s all booze: You’re not going to find any of those wimpy mixers in this bitter Italian stallion.


Recipe:
1 ounce gin
1 ounce sweet vermouth
1 ounce Campari
Slice of orange

No comments:

Post a Comment