Thursday, August 1, 2013

Phonolux: Feathered Fortress EP



I was recently given the CD of a band form San Antonio called Phonolux. I was immediately drawn to there unique sound. The band is made up of Buddy Calvo, Armando Mora, Miguel Romero Jr. and Dave Novak.

The band recently released an EP entitled Feathered Fortress. The CD consist of 5 songs. 
1. Hurricane Favorite Line:
2. Goodbye
3. She Don't Know
4. And Then He's Gone

I really enjoyed all of the songs. My favorite song being Hurricane with heavy guitar and some amazing lyrics  One of my favorite lines from the entire album comes on this track "Told them stories of the glory to come now you leading armies yet your fearful of one." They have also released a music video for this track which you can check out HERE. The group has a really awesome sound similar to Radiohead, Spoon and Smashing Pumpkins. Grab there album and give it a listen. Let me know what you think in the comments below.
The whole album can be found on there website here:
Or on there SoundCloud here: 


No comments:

Post a Comment